Break the Parenting Mold is a community of parents who have been there. We are dedicated to lifting up parents of children with special needs, challenges and differing abilities, offering support by sharing individual stories.
Sharing our personal experiences helps us, and even more, helps everyone who reads about them.
We write about everything that makes our kids special; learning disabilities, physical challenges, food allergies, emotional issues, spectrum disorders and more.
What we’re looking for in submissions:
- Stories about advocating for your child
- Stories that lift up parents with children who have special needs
- Aha! Moments
- Why having a special need can be a gift
- DIY therapy ideas and tips on building language and motor skills
- Recipes that address food allergies
- You may submit original or previously published content (previously published must be at least 30 days old)
- Posts should be 600-800 words or more
- One space (not two) between sentences
- You may include photos (you must own the photo, or have the right to use it)
- Please include a bio (including social media and blog links) if this is your first time publishing with us
If we accept your previously published content, we will change the original title for SEO purposes.
We will edit posts for grammar and readability. We will never make any edits to your post that will change the tone or voice of your post. If we feel that a post’s content may be affected by our edits, we will run our suggestions by you first.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept every story that comes our way for a variety of reasons. If we do not accept your submission, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t wonderful. Please submit again!
We will contact you within 2 weeks to let you know if your piece has been accepted.
Please send all submissions to email@example.com